I can’t speak for Kevin Ding’s credentials, but he apparently has an opinion on how each court stacks up across the Association. And since he put my Pacers first, he’s probably a swell guy.
Below are the top five, but check the link for the whole list of best arenas, which somehow failed to even include Gilbert:
1. Conseco Fieldhouse, Indiana: Borrowing from old-time baseball with a hand-tiled out-of-town scoreboard instead of an electronic one, this quaintly feels more like a gym than an arena.
2. Rose Garden, Portland: It’s unfathomable that this arena is 13 years old; it manages to feel cutting edge yet cozy.
3. Madison Square Garden, New York: Some say it’s a dump. Hey, it’s a classy dump.
4. EnergySolutions Arena, Utah: Gotta love a relatively new place that puts its fans right on top of the opposing players.
5. Air Canada Centre, Toronto: Beautifully done. And for all that the Maple Leafs dominate here, it doesn’t even smell like hockey (the stench of stale perspiration, by the way).